CA State Domestic Partnership And Same-Sex Marriage
The decision about whether or not to move forward with either a California state domestic partnership or same-sex marriage brings about many questions. The following are articles written by attorneys at The Beck Law Group on this topic, as it relates to California residents.
Important note: the laws are constantly evolving, so some information may be outdated. If you wish for a consultation on your specific situation, based on the most recent rules, feel free to contact our office to schedule a consultation. Please contact us if you wish to send a request for an appointment.
- The Property Tax Trap for Unmarried Couples and Avoiding the Pitfalls of Property Co-Ownership
Alma Soongi Beck, February 2016
- How Transmutation to Community Property Can Save Hundreds of Thousands for Married Couples (and Domestic Partners too)
Alma Soongi Beck, October 2015
- Post-Obergefell – California Same-Sex Couples and the New Era of Federal and State Marriage Recognition
San Francisco Bay Times, July 2015
- Who Should Get Married After DOMA Repeal – or, Why YouShould Walk (Not Run) to City Hall
San Francisco Bay Times, June 2013
- Till the Emergency Room Do Us Part: How Your Advance Health Care Directive Can Help You and Your Partner Stick Together
Bay Area Reporter, December 2009
- Capital Gains Tax Advantages for Married Couples and California State Domestic Partners: The “Double Step-Up” and How to Take Advantage of It
ONBAYAREA.COM, August 2009
- For Domestic Partners, Complicated Tax Issues
Los Angeles Times, November 2006
- Popping the Big Question: Will You Be My California Domestic Partner?
Out Now Magazine, September 2006